Sunday, April 19, 2009

It is spring..

I just noticed I hadn't posted in a month!! I guess that means we've been busy around here. After getting back from San Diego we've been really racing around. Did the re-fi on the mortgage, which was way cool...saving some money there!!

Started up lacrosse season, games on Sundays (except today we've been rained out). Practices Mon and Wed nights. Steve is parent coaching, so he takes care of going to practices, except when he is traveling. Travis loves lacrosse!! I am enjoying it too, I keep thanking him for picking a cool sport...I would slit my wrists if I had to watch baseball every week....

Garden is mostly planted, now we only have tomatoes and peppers to finish up. I sure hope it is a bountiful harvest!! We have expanded past last year's small starter garden, and are up to maybe 250 sq. feet!!

I got a Blackberry!! I'm feeling very technologically advanced now.. This thing does so many things, I may never really use it to it's fullest capacity. But, at least I'm having fun with it. Looking at dropping the home phone land line, now I know there is a gizmo - bluetooth gateway - that will allow our cell phone calls to be answered on existing handsets... Once again...way cool!!! I just need to think of all the places I'll need to change our home phone number from..that is a pain!! But, if we can save $50/month, it could be worth it.

Oh, then there was the thumb surgery...taking a wayward piece of bone out and re-attaching my ligament!! No small task and I'm still on the mend with stitches being removed this next week. Hope to have more range of motion with my thumb, and strength without pain. Well worth the few weeks of disruption. The last 2 weeks have been a challenge!

OK...well, I hope that catches the highlights.

More later...I'm guessing next month!

No comments: